May 2, 2017
Homeowners & Exhibiters Can Both Benefit from Attending Home Shows
by The Jenkins Team in Home Shows
Home owners and exhibitors alike can benefit by visiting or participating in a home show in their area this spring.
With spring finally upon us, your home and garden are most likely two of the main things on homeowners’ minds. Whether homeowners are planning home renovations, garden landscaping or even just an annual spring cleaning, they’re probably looking for new products or ideas to incorporate into the home. This is where a home show can be a great way to get up to date on the newest innovations and trends that can positively affect the home life. Companies and businesses in the industry know this and aim to take advantage of the ‘high season’ by putting themselves in front of the consumer audience wherever possible. In this regard, a home show can be a businesses greatest asset and a homeowners dream shopping experience.
Home shows tend to bring the industry together and nowhere else are homeowners able to find so many professionals in one place. From a homeowner’s perspective, a home show can be viewed as a one-stop shop opportunity with the added benefit of finding answers to even the most detailed questions – straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. Home shows typically feature architects, landscapers, contractors, designers, and product companies. Products can be tested, information gained, estimates received, budgets worked out and informed decisions on home upgrades made. Homeowners can mingle with industry professionals and have an excellent opportunity to hash out renovation plans or figure out what they would like to accomplish. Even if there is no set plan in mind, homeowners can still gain amazing insights into the possibilities that are available to them should they choose to begin a project.
Visiting a local home show can be beneficial for homeowners because:
- Homeowners who visit home shows are up to date on the latest trends and innovations that could work well with their home or garden.
- Homeowners will be surrounded by creative ideas and first hand examples of what is possible or available to better their own homes.
- Homeowners have the opportunity to see products before they appear in stores, speak in-person with suppliers or product developers and generally gain in-depth knowledge that normally would not be available.
- Home shows are notorious for offering great deals or discounts on products and services.
- Homeowners are able to test out many products before purchasing, something that is often not possible in a regular retail setting.
- Homeowners will be acting to support their local community and local businesses
- Attending a home show is a great way to spend a fun day with friends or family.
These shows are also home to more than just professional advice and services. There are lots of products on display, making a home show a great place to begin planning a renovation project or to just have a fun day and unwind.
Products that are commonly found at home shows include:
- Everything Kitchens & Baths
- All sorts of hardware and fixtures
- Windows & doors
- Storage solutions
- Decks & Patios
- Outdoor Lighting
- Air conditioning
- BBQ’s and outdoor accessories
- Solar & other energy saving technology
- Landscaping and gardening solutions
- & more
Similarly to how a home show can act as a one-stop shop for homeowners, it can be a central meeting place for professionals and product producers. It is difficult to find an audience that is as targeted toward a specific industry or niche as the audience of a home show. If your business is in the home and garden industry, then home shows can be an amazing way to connect directly with your exact target demographic and audience. Many businesses are put off by the cost of entry to participate in home shows but this direction of thinking is wrong. Businesses would have to spend much larger amounts on other forms of marketing and advertising just to put themselves in front of consumers that may not even be actively purchasing in this industry. Businesses stand to gain huge visibility, credibility, and customers – just from participating in a home show – which at the end of the day makes the cost seem almost negligible. From advertising, marketing and generating sales to product testing and brand development – a home show can provide a lot of opportunities to businesses who attend and take part.
Reasons a home show is beneficial for exhibitors:
- Interaction with target audience
- increase visibility
- Increase credibility
- Become a part of your local community
- Generate leads
- Generate sales
- Market research – learn what works and what doesn’t
- Strengthen and develop a business or brand
- Competitor analysis
Homeowners and business should take full advantage of and reap the rewards of local home shows as they happen. Consumers and businesses alike will learn a lot and might just have a lot of fun while they do it. Check our webpage for more information about the next home show near you.